Flashback Martial Arts Gym Rules
- Always be respectful. That includes both in the gym and away from training.
- Always address one-stripe or higher Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belts as Professor. All black belts without stripes or non-black belts leading the class should be called coach.
- Absolutely no coaching your children or other students during class. The highest ranked belt, or coach specifically specified for the day, provides the instruction for the day. All questions shall be directed only to the instructor.
- If you are late, wait outside the mat area until the instructor gives you permission to join class.
- Do not leave the mat area without permission from the instructor.
- During class, when the instructor is demonstrating a technique, every student must sit or stand in good posture.
- Talking should be kept to a reasonable level and should relate to the class subject. No horsing around during class.
- No foul language inside the school. This includes music played during open mat.
- Keep feet clean. No dirty feet on the mat. Cleaning supplies are available, but visible dirt should have been cleaned up prior to arriving at the gym.
- You must wear shoes or flip-flops when you are not on the mat. This is especially true for students needing to go to their cars or use the restroom.
- If you are wearing flip-flops, you must clean your feet before you step on the mat.
- You must always wear a shirt, rash guard, or gi top in the school.
- All training gear and bags should be left in the back room, not on the benches or around the training area.
- The uniform must be washed and clean at all times. A dirty uniform is a sign of disrespect.
- Be respectful to your training partners.
- All jewelry, piercing, necklaces, and other items should be removed during training.
- Keep fingernails and toenails neatly trimmed.
- All students and visitors must wear a white or blue uniform.
- All students are required to have a team patch.
- No electronic devices allowed in the training area. This includes, but is not limited to, cell phones, iPads, laptops, etc.
- No shoes, food or drink on the mat.
- Please be aware of hygiene at all times. Respect your team.
- Be humble. Your team will celebrate your victories for you.
- Believe & Achieve
- Loyalty – Honor – Respect
Coaches & Students Code of Conduct
As a coach or student at Flashback Martial Arts representing Team Vaghi, my fundamental duty is to serve our students; to provide a clean and safe training environment; and to put the students training and experiences ahead of my own needs.
I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all and will behave in a manner that does not bring discredit to me or to my team. I will be mindful of the welfare of others and develop self-restraint while addressing issues that arise. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that’s confided to me in my capacity as a coach will be kept secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my role as coach.
I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, political beliefs, aspirations, animosities, or friendships to influence my decisions. I will enforce the rules of the gym courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing force or violence and never accepting gratuities.
I recognize the position of coach as a symbol of student faith, and I accept it as a trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of coach. I will never engage in acts of illegal activity or drug use, nor will I condone such acts by other coaches.
I know that I alone am responsible for my own standards of professional performance and will take every reasonable opportunity to enhance and improve my level of knowledge and competence.
For additional news and information about Flashback Martial Arts, please visit our Facebook page www.facebook.com/FlashbackBJJ or stop in and visit us at 2310 W College Ave, Suite G in Appleton, WI. Call us at 920-205-8118. All new members are offered a one week free trial period!